Following the successful outcome of COP-15, the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) was adopted in December 2022. It resulted from 4 years of consultations and engagement and is widely considered to take into account views from all actors. The GBF supports the achievements of the SDGs and sets out an ambitious pathway towards a world living in harmony with nature by 2050.
The main objective of this IBC webinar is to raise awareness and build capacity of UNCTs to support countries to deliver on the targets of the GBF, including through its incorporation into the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) processes. Therefore, the IBC webinar will:
- Enhance knowledge on the outcomes of COP-15, including the linkages between GBF and SDGs targets, and their relevance to UNSDCF processes and the work of UNCTs;
- Facilitate peer-to-peer learning and information exchange on best practice examples;
- Build capacity around the new financing opportunities following COP-15;
- Actions at the national level – from agreements to planning, coordination and synergistic implementation; and
- Identify how the IBC can further support the UNCTs moving forward.
This webinar will build capacity of the participants to:
- Understand the critical components of the GBF
- Improve the mainstreaming of biodiversity into UNSDCF processes
- Gain awareness of good practice examples at the regional level